ElectronicsAn industry leader in gases for the electronics market—semiconductor, display, solar, and LED
Linde is the technology partner of choice for global semiconductor manufacturers. We offer a broad portfolio of electronic specialty gas and bulk solutions – backed by a global supply chain, to bring you high quality, rigorously measured, consistent, reliable and more sustainable semiconductor manufacturing processes.
Materials we offer for semiconductor manufacturing are the following:
Bulk gases: Argon, Carbon Dioxide, Helium, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Oxygen.
Most common specialty gases for semiconductor industry: Nitrogen trifluoride, Tungsten hexafluoride, Hydrogen chloride, Ammonia, Disilane, Germane, high purity carbon dioxide, Nitrous oxide.
In addition to the full range of gases required to manufacture display flat panels in all package sizes, we deliver unique value-added technical solutions and turnkey projects to help customers meet their environmental and cost targets.
Linde offerings for the display industry
• Cost-effective bulk gas supply including large-scale on-site SPECTRA-N™ high-purity nitrogen generators, which are the most cost-effective and reliable way to supply ultra-pure nitrogen in the large qualities needed by display manufacturers. With gas impurity levels below 1ppb, the SPECTRA-N generator consumes less power than conventional generators and also provides excellent turn-down capabilities to meet facility ramp-up requirements.
• Dedicated comprehensive electronics special gases portfolio and global supply chains for the display industry
• New high-purity nitrous oxide (N2O) gas facilities in China, Taiwan and Korea to support the next generation of display technology
• On-site Generation-F® fluorine generators for chamber cleaning, lower manufacturing carbon footprint, and peace of mind in supply security, especially for > Gen 10 manufacturing fabs
Materials we offer for display manufacturing are the following:
Bulk gases: Argon, carbon dioxide, helium, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen
Electronic special gases: Cleaning (Fluorine and Nitrogen trifluoride), Deposition (Ammonia, Nitrous oxide, and Silane), Doping (Diborane and Phosphine), Etching (Boron trichloride, Chlorine, Octafluorocylobutane, Pentafluoroethane, Sulfur hexafluoride, and Tetrafluoromethane) , Laser (Fluorine/Hydrogen, Hydrogen chloride/Hydrogen/Neon, Krypton, Neon, and Xenon).
Adding value to the global solar industry through leading integrated gases and chemical supply solutions
Linde's offer includes:
• An extended product portfolio, a response to the needs of our customers, and a solid supply chain with the ability to deliver our products to any place in the world
• Strong gas engineering competence and chemical delivery systems at the customer site
• Support for technology development with a know-how developed over many years in the photovoltaic industry and through working with several different partners such as equipment manufacturers and end users
Materials we offer for crystalline silicon cell manufacturing are the following:
Bulk gases: Argon, Helium, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Oxygen.
Electronic special gases: Silane, Ammonia,Fluorine (on-site generation), Sulphur hexafluoride, Chlorine, Carbon tetrafluoride, Arsine and phosphine mixtures.
We complement our electronic materials portfolio and global supply chain with turnkey capabilities for larger LED fabs. These on-site facilities ensure a continuous, monitored, and flexible supply of gas. Standardized and modular designs give you the added benefit of maximum cost efficiencies and reliability.
• On-site ammonia purifiers
• SPECTRA-N™ on-site nitrogen generators
• On-site high-purity hydrogen generators