- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining & Heating
Freezing & Cooling
- Cooling for Metal Fabrication
- Cooling of Core Hoses
- Dross Cooling with Argon
- Extrusion Cooling
- Fluid Temperature Control
- Food Chilling & Freezing
- Ground Freezing
- In-Transit Refrigeration
- Rapid Cooling
- Reactor Cooling
- Fumigation & Pestcontrol
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Water & Soil Treatment
Some typical uses of cryogenic freezing and cooling techniques are the hardening of ice cream in a tunnel or spiral freezer resulting in stabilising of desserts prior to the addition of toppings and rapid cooling of sauces.
Many producers have benefited from the low space required for this type of equipment. while maintaining high capacity and increasing plant efficiency.
Dairy products are ideally suited to cryogenic freezing and cooling using liquid nitrogen (N2) and carbon dioxide (CO2). The main benefits of this tried-and-tested technology are:
- Fast in-line freezing and cooling, thus preserving flavour
- Formation of smaller ice crystals, resulting in less drip loss and higher quality of the frozen product
- Low investment costs
- Flexible design for multi-purpose deployment
- Low maintenance effort and downtime.
To maintain quality, dairy products often require gentle handling and rapid processing. Cryogenic freezing and cooling is particularly beneficial to sensitive dairy products as it removes heat rapidly.
At Linde, we have worked hard over the past few years to improve the efficiency and hygiene of our freezing equipment. We focus in particular on minimising contamination risks and reducing operation and maintenance costs.
Typical equipment used for this segment are tunnel freezers, spiral freezers, immersion freezers and cabinet freezers.